Gemma Hayes will head out on a UK tour with Scott Matthews in February 2015. The Irish singer-songwriter will be performing songs from her acclaimed new album Bones + Longing for the very first time. Before the tour, Hayes will be playing a rescheduled headline gig at Oslo in London on 14th January.
- January 2015, headline show
- Wed 14th Oslo, Hackney
- February 2015, with Scott Matthews
- Sun 22nd Bristol, St Georges
- Mon 23rd Manchester, RNCM Concert Hall
- Thurs 26th London, Cadogan Hall
- Fri 27th Brighton, St Georges Church
Tickets £16.50 except London £20
Gemma Hayes’ new album, Bones + Longing is a thing of strange and wondrous beauty. It carves out its own spooky spaces, reaching from her heart to your ear in a miasma of ghostly guitars and floating voices, haunting melodies and cryptic lyrics, gilded by subtle, understated instrumental touches and sudden, startling sonic interventions.
Bones + Longing is the Tipperary native’s fifth album. She was Mercury Prize nominated for her debut, Night On My Side, in 2002, and won the Meteor award in Ireland for The Roads Don’t Love You in 2006. She formed her own label (GH music, now Chasing Dragons) to self-release Hollow Of Morning in 2008 and Let It Break (2011).
Praise for Bones + Longing:
- “Spellbinding Irish singer runs her own race on dreamy fifth” Q
- “An adventurer in sound” **** Mojo
- “An album that’s bound to form an intimate bond with its audience” 4/5 The Arts Desk
- “An album of depth and texture, it repays time and attention; many will want to inhabit its hushed privacy” 8/10 Drowned In Sound